- With intramurals beginning at the Illinois AWWA Section level, water utility teams race to open a cement-lined, ductile iron pipe and install a tap. The winning team will then compete at the AWWA Annual Conference every June. Competition begins at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 21 on the 2nd floor. Click here for 2012 contest entry form
- This fast-paced contest pits competitors against the clock to assemble a water meter from a bucket of parts. The winner of the Section competition is eligible to compete at the national-level Meter Madness contest that is conducted during the AWWA Annual Conference. Meter Madness begins at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, March 21 on the 2nd floor. Click here for contest entry formTOP OPS
- The "college bowl” of the water industry, TopOps tests the everyday know-how of water treatment operators, with questions.The national competition is held at the AWWA Annual Conference every June. Competition begins at 11:00 am on Tuesday, March 20 in the exhibit hall. The winner will proceed to the ACE Conference in June. Click here for 2012 contest entry form
First Place Teams
- Illinois Section American Water Works Association assists with travel costs for those who have won the Illinois Section Competition and are competing at ACE for Tapping Teams, Meter Madness and Top OPs.
Water Taste Test
- Who has the best-tasting water in Illinois? Come watch as Illinois regional taste-test winners from throughout the State competing for the Best Tasting Water. We will have taste-and-odor experts discuss the intricacies of delivering great-tasting water. The winner of the state competition will compete at ACE for the Best of the Best. The Taste Test will be held at noon on Tuesday in the main floor exhibit hall.
Putting Contest - Starts at 11am on Wednesday. Look for various locations in the exhibit areas.
Andrea Putz, City of Chicago
Lisa Martini, Lee Jensen Sales
Candace Scholz, Strand Associates
Madison Wisconsin Water Utility
Village of Arlington Heights
Village of Downers Grove
City of Elgin
Village of Westmonth
Village of Itasca - The Dirty Bores
Jeffrey Duley - Village of Summit
Mike Bourgerie -City of Elgin
Brad Huerta - City of Elgin
Stuart Nelson - City of Elgin
Kirk Nix - Village of Westmont
David Yelton - Village of Downers Grove
Eric Kresmery - City of Elgin