Water Distribution Committee Meeting
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:00 am CST via GoToMeeting
Please join my meeting.
Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (626) 521-0015
Meeting ID: 851-789-533
Access Code: 851-789-533
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the
- Water Distribution Conference
- Lisa has contacted all of the speakers, verified that they will be there, their time slots, PPT deadline (04/01/13), collected headshot pictures and bios for all but one speaker
- Joe Voss has a contact at IDOT - update?
- If IDOT doesn't come through, we will contact Dave Van Wy with Julie to give an update on new procedures.
- There is a continued need to promote the conference to get more attendees registered
- 1 volunteer needed to proof each of the PPT's the first week of 04/01/13 - please make committee assignments and include in minutes.
- Asset Management - Field Records to Decision Making - Paul Hanson, Ductile Iron Pipe Research Association
- Spray-on Linings for Water Mains – How Structural are They? - Firat Sever, Benton & Associates
- UCMR3 - Monitoring has Started - Cindy Nettrour American Water Works Svc. Co.
- Chicago's On-Site Meter Testing Program - Andrea Putz, Chicago Department of Water Management & Owen Keenan, M.E. Simpson, Co., Inc.
- Reduction of Lead in Drinking Water and No-Lead Brass & Conversion - George Gilson Jr. & Aaron Gilson, A.Y. McDonald Mfg Co.
- Ice Pigging: Cleaning Mains with Ice - Randy Moore, Utility Service Co., Inc.
- Benefits of CIPP Lining with GPS Mapping - Shaun McKaigue, FER-PAL Construction LLC
- The Science of Mixing and Maintaining Water Quality in Distribution Tanks - Mike Hively, Tideflex Technologies; a Red Valve Co
- IDOT/JULIE presentation
- Booth Volunteers - please participate in Doodle to work the committee booth: http://doodle.com/b974iffs4if8sd2z
- Status of booth materials
- Status of giveaways for the booth?
- Scott B. has the ductile and bags
- Status us PVC pipes or any other materials that are needed?
- The booth materials need to get to WATERCON before 1pm on Monday, March 18 (that is when booths are open). Will someone be bringing them by then - or - can someone drop them off at the ISAWWA office so they can bring it down with them?
- Anything else?
- Tank Photo Contest
- Lisa will design a ticket that WATERCON attendees will use to vote for their favorite tank at the committee booth at WATERCON. The ticket will be included on the badge stock that will be mailed to all of the conference pre-registrants. 1 ticket per person; 1 vote per person. The tickets will have a spot to write down the number of their favorite tank.
- Lisa is printing a banner with all of the tank photos displayed - they
will have the tower name/location and will be numbered. This will be in
the hallway by the committee booth for voting
- Does anyone have a "toy tank" or something creative for people to put their ticket for voting in?
- Sponsor update (as of 02/08/13) - to break even, looking to get $2,500 in sponsorships
- 6 gold sponsors ($1,200) - Rempe-Sharpe & Associates, Dixon Engineering, M.E. Simpson Co, Inc, CP Solutions,
Advanced Valve Technologies, Inc., Associated Technical Services Ltd.
- 3 silver sponsors ($150) - Benton & Associates, Inc., DN Tanks, SEH Design/Build
- Tank Submission update (as of 02/08/13)
- 27 submissions
- Some (10 of the 27 submissions) of the submissions were done by someone other than the utility itself. Lisa has followed up with each requiring them to have a member of the utility, who is an ISAWWA member to sign off that the individual has permission to submit a photo on the utility's behalf.
- Last call for committee shirts - email Sandi@isawwa.org if you need a shirt - send her your shirt size. They can be picked up at the conference registration desk (1st floor) at WATERCON
- Open Floor
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at WATERCON - 2:00pm in the Capial III Room (3rd Floor) - CLICK HERE TO RSVP