Monday, May 6, 2013
From 10:00 - 1:00 pm CST
Illinois Section AWWA
535 South Randall Road
St. Charles, IL 60174
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Education Committee In-person Meeting
Monday, May 6, 2013 - 10:00 - 1:00pm
Education Committee - meeting minutes
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:00am
- Any update/discussions on the potential for an in-person meeting
- Meeting date will be May 6, 2013 at the ISAWWA office in St. Charles - with the goal of covering some of the initiatives we have been working on and complete/move forward in the near future.
- Seminar in a box - what are the next steps in moving forward. At the in person meeting will view the current seminar in a box that has been developed by Jeff Fischer and consider any other ideas/suggestions, and other ideas/avenues for future seminar in a box training
- Exam Refresher Class C & D course & also an A & B course exam refresher - Kyla is currently teaching these courses and will work on develop these into a seminar in a box. Include handouts, group exercises, PPT's etc.
- Leadership sub-committee - next steps and moving forward to develop this into a seminar in a box.Kyla has well-developed outline and lesson plan that could be used for Leadership and also as a starting point for future seminar in a box ideas.
- ACTION: Lisa set a May 6 meeting date for at the ISAWWA office
- Post WATERCON2013 Discussion
- Operator track
- Meet the IEPA Staff - the audience is mainly water operators as opposed to wastewater. The committees recommendation is to focus on the water aspects during this session. Possibly have a split room for drinking water and wastewater - check and invite IWEA to head a session similar to Meet the IEPA staff for ww
- Clean water infrastructure initiative - possible for topic for next year
- Rest of the sessions seemed to have gone very well
- WATERCON2014 abstracts are due end of August - committee should start thinking about a theme and soon begin collecting
- Booth - committee shared with Water Efficiency committee who both had similar games. Water Jeopardy was fun and had a good draw
- Next year if we use water jeopardy make sure to include directions on how it works. Also make sure that we make the volunteers who are starting or ending the day at the booth know what they need to do - i.e. get TV from registration desk, put it away at the end of the day etc.
- Meter Symposium - August 1, 2013 at Park Place in Countryside, IL - www.isawwa.org/event/08-01-13
- Engineering Power-Hour Presentations
- Committee assistance and volunteers to contact ISAWWA members to provide Power-hour presentations
- ACTION: Committee members to make a personal contact to encourage them to sign up for Engineering Power Hour - must be an ISAWWA member to give a presentation. Benefit is that you can talk about your company/products/service
- Annual Regulatory Update
- Add to in-person meeting agenda to discuss potential topics/presenters for this.
- ACTION: Lisa to work on setting at date with the help of Kyla at the Centre of Elgin -hoping for some breakout rooms.
- Open Floor
- Next Meeting: Monday, May 6, 2013 at the Illinois Section AWWA office in St. Charles - CLICK HERE TO RSVP