Tuesday, June 4, 2013
From 9:00 - 10:00am CST via GoToMeeting
Conference call - GoToMeeting
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
The next Backflow Committee meeting will be on:
Tuesday, June 4 at 9:00am via GoToMeeting
1. Please join my Backflow committee meeting on 06/04/13 at 9:00am
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
Dial +1 (773) 897-3016
Access Code: 114-292-045
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 114-292-045
Backflow Committee Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 9:00am
Lou Allyn Byus
- Update from Denis Riordan from the City of Chicago on meters
- Both the booth and presentation was successful
- Ideas for next year's presentation
- Mock trial cross connection control in the eyes of litigation - would need defense attorney, prosecutor, water operator, judge. Should be confrontational.
- ACTION: Mike Eisenhauer to explore this idea some more for next meeting
- M-14 ( Lou Allyn's update) - in final review currently. Most of the work is done but there has been a major re-write. Final peer reviews are currently in the works. Target completion date is mid-May.
- Update on meeting discussing Title 35 - Bev, Mike and Lou Allyn met but this is still a work in progress. EPA is going through a review of their technical policy statements to bring into compliance with current regs - will be working on this sometime in the next 24 months. Plumbing code amendment has come out - is currently open for review and comment.
- ACTION: Lou Allyn to send the link to the amendment to the committee or to Lisa to forward to the group
- Sanitarian Training Update - Tom Staroske is hoping to continue to work more on this in June
- Upcoming Training: The next "Effective Backflow Programs" course will be held at Jardine in Chicago on Tuesday, October 29, 2013
- Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 - 9:00am via GoToMeeting