Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
06/18/13 - Water Distribution Committee Call, 9:00am CST
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend

When: Tuesday, June 18, 2013
From 9:00 - 10:00am CST
Where: Conference call - GoToMeeting
Contact: Lisa Hoffhines

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Water Distribution Committee Meeting

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 9:00 am CST via GoToMeeting

1. Please join my meeting.

2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
United States: +1 (786) 358-5420
Access Code: 131-971-613
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID: 131-971-613

Water Distribution Committee - Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 9:00am

On Call:
Owen Keenan
Lisa Hoffhines
Jeff Schramuk
Mike Ramsey
Dennis Bowe
Doc Watson
Dan Eisenhauer
Scott Bernholdt
Joe Voss
Firat Sever
  • Water Distribution Recap
    • Stats:
      • Income:
        • Attendees: $10,625
        • Add'l Exhibitors: $175
        • Exhibitors:$2,100
        • Total Income: $12,900
      • Expenses:
        • Park Place/Food: $5,109.53
          • Food cost per person: $22.23
      • Net Income: $7,790.47
    • Survey results:
      • Only 10 people filled out the survey
      • Comments:
        • What do you think Illinois Section AWWA should know about this training event?
          • "There was a lot of conversations going on around the vendors booths during some of the presentations. It was very loud and annoying."
          • "Nice selection of training material. very useful for field operators. Very engaging topics."
          • "Very well done!!!!!
          • "Great job!"
        • What other training topics would you like to see on the agenda at next year's Annual Water Distribution Conference?
          • New methods of disinfection and coagulats for big purification plants
          • corrosion control. update on IEPA mandates and rules for on site sampling. Deadlines for sample submission. How to reduce water losses. How to eliminate/reduce main breaks. Public safety from water related terrorism. Thanks for good work in arranging the training. It was overall a grand success. More training on these topics requested in future...
          • Maybe some hands on training with line tracers or something along that line?????
    • What did we like?
      • Good feedback on speakers and topics
      • Vendors were pleased with the amount of foot traffic
    • What should we change for next year?
      • Since only 10 filled out the survey - consider something different
      • Location change has been brought up
        • Volunteer to put together a map with Google Earth to see where our attendees came from?
          • ACTION: Lisa to send excel list of attendees' locations to Dennis B., Scott B. & Jeff S.
        • Any committee members who have an idea for another location
          • Medinah Banquets - APWA uses them
        • Registration process was difficult to get attendees to sign in and especially to sign out at the proper time.
        • What are we looking for in a new venue?
          • Separation for vendors
          • Accommodating more attendees / vendors
          • Solid AV system
          • ACTION: doodle for field trip in July to visit 2 or 3 venues
      • PA systems
        • Microphones around the back for Q&A - 2 or 3 mics in the aisles
        • If we change locations, we need to test the AV
        • ISAWWA does have their own PA system as a back up
  • Tank Calendar
    • Request for extras should email Lisa
    • Changes for 2013:
      • Consider for next meeting as to who can turn them in
      • Keep July 1 - June 30 schedule
      • Sponsor feedback
        • sponsors seemed to be pleased with inclusion
  • Sit down meeting before DSS?
    • Update from Mike R.: Hotel is in Itasca with room up to 65 vendors; attendees expected to be around 800-900; registration is open
    • Conversations at the meeting
      • Great lakes tapping contest
      • 30 volunteers are needed
        • shirts ordered
    • ACTION: Mike Ramsey will work with the committee to set up a potential sit-down meeting
    • ACTION: Lisa to talk to Laurie about if the committee has a booth (with Membership?)
  • Open Floor
    • Goal of the committee to get an article published at the national level. If the committee has any ideas
      • Offer the idea to presenters from Distribution Conference -
  • Next meeting: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 9:00am via GoToWebinar

Membership Software Powered by®  ::  Legal