Tuesday, June 18, 2013
From 9:00 - 10:00am CST
Conference call - GoToMeeting
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Water Distribution Committee Meeting
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 9:00 am CST via GoToMeeting
1. Please join my meeting.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.
United States: +1 (786) 358-5420
Access Code: 131-971-613
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Meeting ID: 131-971-613
Water Distribution Committee - Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 9:00am
- Water Distribution Recap
- Attendees: $10,625
- Add'l Exhibitors: $175
- Total Income: $12,900
- Park Place/Food: $5,109.53
- Food cost per person: $22.23
- Net Income: $7,790.47
- Survey results:
- Only 10 people filled out the survey
- What do you think Illinois Section AWWA should know about this training event?
was a lot of conversations going on around the vendors booths during
some of the presentations. It was very loud and annoying."
- "Nice selection of training material. very useful for field operators. Very engaging topics."
- "Very well done!!!!!
- "Great job!"
- What other training topics would you like to see on the agenda at next year's Annual Water Distribution Conference?
- New methods of disinfection and coagulats for big purification plants
control. update on IEPA mandates and rules for on site sampling.
Deadlines for sample submission. How to reduce water losses. How to
eliminate/reduce main breaks. Public safety from water related
terrorism. Thanks for good work in arranging the training. It was
overall a grand success. More training on these topics requested in
- Maybe some hands on training with line tracers or something along that line?????
- What did we like?
- Good feedback on speakers and topics
- Vendors were pleased with the amount of foot traffic
- What should we change for next year?
- Since only 10 filled out the survey - consider something different
- Location change has been brought up
- Volunteer to put together a map with Google Earth to see where our attendees came from?
- ACTION: Lisa to send excel list of attendees' locations to Dennis B., Scott B. & Jeff S.
- Any committee members who have an idea for another location
- Medinah Banquets - APWA uses them
- Registration process was difficult to get attendees to sign in and especially to sign out at the proper time.
- What are we looking for in a new venue?
- Separation for vendors
- Accommodating more attendees / vendors
- Solid AV system
- ACTION: doodle for field trip in July to visit 2 or 3 venues
- PA systems
- Microphones around the back for Q&A - 2 or 3 mics in the aisles
- If we change locations, we need to test the AV
- ISAWWA does have their own PA system as a back up
- Tank Calendar
- Request for extras should email Lisa
- Changes for 2013:
- Consider for next meeting as to who can turn them in
- Keep July 1 - June 30 schedule
- Sponsor feedback
- sponsors seemed to be pleased with inclusion
- Sit down meeting before DSS?
from Mike R.: Hotel is in Itasca with room up to 65 vendors; attendees
expected to be around 800-900; registration is open
- Conversations at the meeting
- Great lakes tapping contest
- 30 volunteers are needed
- ACTION: Mike Ramsey will work with the committee to set up a potential sit-down meeting
- ACTION: Lisa to talk to Laurie about if the committee has a booth (with Membership?)
- Open Floor
- Goal of the committee to get an article published at the national level. If the committee has any ideas
- Offer the idea to presenters from Distribution Conference -
- Next meeting: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 9:00am via GoToWebinar