Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Source Water Committee Conference Call
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
 

Phone 605-562-3000 code 553113

7/18/2013
When: 7/18/2013
8:00 AM
Where: Conference Call


Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Minutes From June 18th, 2013

Kevin Culver

Randy Pankiewicz
Robyn Doescher
Anthony Dulka
Ed Coggins

Not attending
Brian Anderson
Lydia Balla
Greg Swanson

Approval of meeting minutes. - All okay

Training events -
Fracking training - workshop. Ed Coggin is lining up the speakers for the event. Don Keifer,Hydro-geologists,main focus of the event is protection of the water supply. The other speaker Cindy Skukrud from the Sierra Club was the other presenter. She gave a great across the board presentation of the regulatory status at the time of her presentation. She could fill the slot from the environmentalists’ standpoint. 4 speakers and a round table for the total event.

AWWA White paper- Robyn distributed the white paper.

Future Splash articles- We should be submitting applications for the source water protection award. At WATERCON a few years past we had several papers that were potentially good projects. We will put an article in Splash to submit an article in Splash. Laurie suggested that we do a local award and then forward the winner onto AWWA for submission. We would also create a best practices document and publish the nominations as well as the awardee.

AWWA and the Endowment for Forestry is working on getting quantitative information on whether your source water protection area is forested and how much less treatment do you need to do. There is a survey to fill out.

National Update- they are working to promote the G300 manual and trying to get the information out. They thanked Illinois for promoting it. Robyn talked about the fact that IEPA is looking to use this document for future rules in Illinois. There are some updates to be coming out soon.

ToDo

· Robyn to distribute presentation from Fairmount Minerals to the group to see if their presentation is appropriate.

· Ed to contact someone in the oil field industry.

· Robyn to get Laurie the form for the source water protection award. The award could be presented during the source water track. Robyn to get it to me within a week or so.

· Laurie to send out the source water link again in an email.

· Robyn to send Anthony the upcoming changes to the G300 manual so Anthony can have a heads up.


Next meeting - come up with a list of local associations to invite to the event.

July 18th -8 am -same phone number.

605-562-3000 #553113

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal