Tuesday, July 16, 2013
From 9:00 to 10:00 am CST
Conference call - GoToMeeting
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
07/16/13 - Water Distribution Committee Call, 9:00am CST
1. Please join my meeting.
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone. United States (Toll-free): +1 (773) 897-3000 United States: +1 (773) 897-3000
Access Code: 856-786-765
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting
Water Distribution Committee call
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 – 9:00 am.
had a baby girl!
- Location for next year’s Water
- Google maps (north and south) from
Dennis Bowe- pins represent an agency.
- Each organization may have sent more
than one person.
- The next step is to quantify
the amount of attendees per agency.
- Focus should be on a place
that can provide a separate vendor hall.
- Both presenters and attendees expressed
concerns about vendors and attendees in same area.
- There are pros and cons to both
- Need to have plan to lure
attendees to vendor area if separated.
- Google map results –ACTION revised results pending from Dennis
and Scott Bernholdt
- Medinah Banquets vs.
Countryside? Any other possible locations? Medinah may have better
layout. We may have outgrown
Countryside. A very large room
that can accommodate both may be the answer.
- Should we change locations for
- Doodle for field trip in
July- ACTION Marianne will create doodle.
- Weekdays – no Fridays or
- after the 4th
- Meet at Medinah 10am
- may check out the Weston
- DSS- Mike Ramsey – Met with
Dennis Bowe and Kevin Murphy – brought up security for vendor
equipment. Dennis said all
exhibitors will be relocated in a secure room that is locked up every
- Field Trip for DSS – Owen
asked Terry McGee re: techinical tour of Dupage County
water system – for DSS attendees. Mike reports that DSS has approved this
- Talked to Randy Moore, Chair
of DSS re: when our next
conference call will be and to finalize plans for us to prepare for
- Will know more before next
- There is some dissatisfaction
with the tapping competition -
only for men.
- Marianne reported that Laurie said the Water
Distribution Committee will share a complimentary booth at DSS with the
Membership Committee. Mike, Jeff
Schramuk and Firat Sever manned the booth last year. Not a lot of people were there but they
were interested in who we are. Only about a half dozen people stopped and
- DSS already has 30
volunteers. If you volunteer you
can see the vendors for free the next day but cannot attend classes free.
We asked for 5 free passes and they said no. We sugges t ACTION Laurie talk to John Donahue,
- Ideas regarding articles for
publication by AWWA and/or ISAWWA authored by Committee member(s)One of
the goals of our committee is to get an article published each year on
distribution – Does anyone have any
topics to write about and submit? No one has any topics at this time.
- Open Floor
- Next meeting July 16th
at 9:00 am