Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
07/16/13 - Water Distribution Committee Call, 9:00am CST
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
 

7/16/2013
When: Tuesday, July 16, 2013
From 9:00 to 10:00 am CST
Where: Conference call - GoToMeeting
Contact: Marianne Perino


Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  


07/16/13 - Water Distribution Committee Call, 9:00am CST


1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/856786765


2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or, call in using your telephone.    United States (Toll-free): +1 (773) 897-3000 United States: +1 (773) 897-3000

Access Code: 856-786-765
Audio PIN: Shown after joining the meeting

Meeting ID:856-786-765

 

Water Distribution Committee call
Tuesday, June 18, 2013 – 9:00 am.

On Call:
Owen Keenan
Marianne Perino
Mike Ramsey
Dennis Bowe
Michelle Harrod

Meeting Minutes:

Lisa had a baby girl!

  • Location for next year’s Water Distribution Conference
    • Google maps (north and south) from Dennis Bowe- pins represent an agency.
    • Each organization may have sent more than one person.
    • The next step is to quantify the amount of attendees per agency.
    • Focus should be on a place that can provide a separate vendor hall.
    • Both presenters and attendees expressed concerns about vendors and attendees in same area.
    • There are pros and cons to both options.
    • Need to have plan to lure attendees to vendor area if separated.
    • Google map results –ACTION revised results pending from Dennis and Scott Bernholdt
    • Medinah Banquets vs. Countryside? Any other possible locations? Medinah may have better layout. We may have outgrown Countryside. A very large room that can accommodate both may be the answer.
    • Should we change locations for next year?
      • Doodle for field trip in July- ACTION Marianne will create doodle.
      • Weekdays – no Fridays or Mondays -
      • after the 4th
      • Meet at Medinah 10am
      • may check out the Weston
  • DSS- Mike Ramsey – Met with Dennis Bowe and Kevin Murphy – brought up security for vendor equipment. Dennis said all exhibitors will be relocated in a secure room that is locked up every night.
    • Field Trip for DSS – Owen asked Terry McGee re: techinical tour of Dupage County water system – for DSS attendees. Mike reports that DSS has approved this tour.
    • Talked to Randy Moore, Chair of DSS re: when our next conference call will be and to finalize plans for us to prepare for conference.
    • Will know more before next call
    • There is some dissatisfaction with the tapping competition - only for men.
  • Marianne reported that Laurie said the Water Distribution Committee will share a complimentary booth at DSS with the Membership Committee. Mike, Jeff Schramuk and Firat Sever manned the booth last year. Not a lot of people were there but they were interested in who we are. Only about a half dozen people stopped and asked questions.
    • DSS already has 30 volunteers. If you volunteer you can see the vendors for free the next day but cannot attend classes free. We asked for 5 free passes and they said no. We sugges t ACTION Laurie talk to John Donahue, President–Elect AWWA.
  • Ideas regarding articles for publication by AWWA and/or ISAWWA authored by Committee member(s)One of the goals of our committee is to get an article published each year on distribution – Does anyone have any topics to write about and submit? No one has any topics at this time.
  • Open Floor
  • Next meeting July 16th at 9:00 am

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal