Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
All Committee Conference Call
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
 

Phone in only 605-562-3000 code 553113

8/6/2013
When: August 6
1:15 pm
Where: conference call
605-562-3000 code 553113
Contact: Laurie Dougherty


Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

All Committee Conference Call - Next meeting -  August 6th - 1:15pm
UPDATE PHONE IN Only

605-562-3000   code 553113#


From last meeting

TO DO - 

  • Terry to send Laurie information on awards, targeting 3 different emails to be sent out August, September, October
  • Andrea - send Sandi information to be added to the South Water Plant tour so that it can have operator credit.
  • Sandi - update the website and IEPA number after receiving the information from Andrea.
  • Andrea - send requests for meeting information and dates to Laurie for training at Jardine
  • Ashley- research the Northwest Operators Group and see if there is an opportunity to collaborate
  • Carolyn - Send Sandi the safety cards that you have on hand
  • Carolyn - Send Sandi either power point or pdf slides that can be sent to monitors for webinars and seminars for taking about the safety survey.
  • Sandi - send an assortment of safety cards to the site monitors for giving out at in person seminars.
  • Sandi - send the slides you get from Carolyn to the moderators for in person and webinars.



On the phone


Lori Stenzel
Kevin Lookis
Ashley Bernard
Don Jensen
Andrea Putz


Jeff Freeman- Education
Carolyn Grieves - Safety Committee
Terry McGhee - Awards

Education- Jeff Freeman, Locked in the agenda and presenters for Meter Symposium, August 1st. Working on the regulatory update for October 3rd. Jeff will continue to work on the agenda and presenters. The second half of the year training program will be out from the mail on Monday. Kyla is working on the leadership in the box. WATERCON 2014 is in process and hope to lock in the agenda and topics next week. They are working with the MAC committee to work on having technical sessions in the booths at WATERCON and get 15 minutes of renewal operator credits. Opener for Meter Symposium - possibly John Van Arsdel or Jeff Freeman. Jeff to confirm the opener.

Safety- Carolyn Grieves. Primary focus is to promote the online safety audit. We should ask the openers for the education seminars and we can use the cards that have been prepared that gives the URL of the safety audit. Send Next big push is tore institute the blog.

Awards- Terry McGhee. Sandi sent him the list of the awardees so far. As of this time there is only one 25 year award. We need to push out more information on the 25 year awardees as well as the other awards. He also has the list of the gold and silver awards. There are several other awards that we need to have nominees for. There is a new award from the water efficiency committee - the water saver awards. We will accept applications untilabout November and it will be presented in March. We will highlight the program that wins the award at the booth as well as give a presentation on the program.

Andrea Putz- ACE 2013 - It was fantastic. There was an amazing amount of talks and the tapping was great. There were 4 woman's teams competing and there was a lot of camaraderie. They talked to many of the utility people to get tips and tricks. Trustee - talking about membership and keeping in mind Randy's membership goals. She is willing to have more seminars in Jardine.

Don Jensen- Trustee, Backflow Committee, Sent to Laurie a person interested in water efficiency issues. Sent Laurie a seminar that is EPA and has been posted on the website.

Ashley Bernard- Trustee. Had a class last month that was good in Rockford. They have to make sure that everyone that comes to the class and that it meets the entire time of the session and does not go short. Ashely to check around to see what other training needs are. Suggest that he introduce himself to the Northwest Illinois Water Operators Association. The contact information is on the website.

Kevin Lookis- Working on the negotiations for IWEA.

Lori Stenzel- June 20th the Southwest Central Operators Group had a picnic at FloSystems. She was able to network there. September 27th they are hosting an in-the plant training. August there is a southwest central meeting. October 16-17 is the Southern Illinois Operator Small Systems Conference at Giant City.

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal