July 8th - 2013
On the call
- John Donahue
- Dennis Ross
- Jeff Fischer
- Laurie Dougherty
- Theresa O'Grady
- Michael Simpson
Not on the callAgenda -
Develop meeting schedule
List of areas of responsibility
Distributed the guidelines from AWWA and the recent sales of the events.
Mike Simpson - Fun raising that Texas did was they made use of the Texas Water Newsletter and gave them adds in their newsletter on behalf of the newsletter.
- need to have a package that includes an AD in the ISAWWA Publications.
- we can include our advertising in our education program in January.
- requires commitments before the end of the year.
- we need come up a proposed budget
- Laurie to get the firm number from the AWWA as far as actual costs and revenue
- Mike - Develop a list of potential donors - target the larger donations. $200 - $500- $1000 donations.
- Mike - to put together a draft of the potential sponsor package.
- Laurie - get pricing on the Boston Harbor Side and get capacity of the rooms.
- Laurie - get other options from the area. - Bank of America Pavilion- New England Aquarium, Museums of Contemporary Art.
- Laurie - prepare a draft budget
Conference hotel is the Westin Harbor in Boston - Waterfront - attached to the convention.
John would prefer that the event be near the convention center but close enough to walk to the event.
Lets see what kind of venue we have first and then consider entertainment.
Is it time to change up the music?
Start a buzz in the section - have it on announcements for the Section.
Probable determine a theme for the party depending on the venue.
Something to highlight Illinois - maybe Abe Lincoln theme. (Lincoln's Tea Party)
An Irish party? (the Great Irish Party)
We need to start talking about it.
April - Can we add signage at the event? If so, can we bring our own signs? are we required to use freeman?
April - If we give tickets as part of the sponsorship, did we need to pay AWWA for the two tickets.
Next steps -
Next meeting - 2:00 pm central time - July 30th.
605-562-3000 code 553113