On the callRobyn Doescher
Group noticed that the public side of the website is missing the source water committee.
Minutes from last meeting. No changes - all okay.
Changes before the meeting next Wednesday.
Goal #1 - Maintain the committee website - regularly update the public access source water committee page.
What should be on the page -
- Goals and strategic plan for the committee
- Links to the links of topic specific for source water issues.
- Post articles and writing articles for the Splash, find someone who would be willing to champion the overall piece of the public page website.
Goal #2 - Provide regular communication to members.
- Timely write ups on source water issues for staff to send out. Ask the liaison to provide updates at monthly meetings on what other groups are using.
- Come up with a catchy title for the column in splash - suggestion " From the Source" or "From our source to your source"
- All brainstorm before the next meeting
- Submit articles to Splash and continue to promote the Source Water Award
-All should continue to submit articles
Goal #3 - Education Opportunities - 2 times a year webinars/ or in person
- Identify the champion and help the presenters go thru the process.
- Provide a source water track for watercon - presentations of the winners of the awards. We need to solicit topics to cover and participate on the technical committee and recruit abstracts.
Goal #4 - Provide opportunities to share information with other groups. Have a source water day where we invite other groups / organizations to come together and share ideas. Source water consortium - target date of 2015 Fall. Part of the track could be source water issues, water efficiency. Look for opportunities to work with other organizations. Continue to expand the list. Recruit members of the committees to be liaisons and develop organizations. If there is someone already in that committee, they can provide updates at the monthly meetings.
Goal #5 - Exemplary Source Water Protection Award - Ed to champion this year as well as Anthony to help. Forwarding the winners to the national award. Since we use the same application, it becomes easy.
Goal #6 - Follow legislative issues pertaining to source water protection. Recruit a champion to keep on top of issues and work with the WUC and the Board on any issues. Help to gather opinions of members to voice them as one.
Ask everyone to see what parts and pieces you would like to be involved in. Think about what part you want to play. Also if you know of people who have a passion for a part of the document.
Training Events -
The fracing event is on hold until the rules are closer to being adopted.
The first webinar will be hazardous spill response planning - September 11th - Dave from Upper Mississippi and the commander with the coast guard.
Elk River Event is scheduled for October 17th - Jerry Scholte is presenting on this one.
Joell Allen from USEPA is working on the one for Smart Watersheds and watershed monitoring.
Illinois State Water Survey - Ed to report later
Source Water Award Winners - webinars would be in November and tie in with award nominations as well as Splash articles.
A list of who is on which committee. May have another group to add soon, 5 groups from the Mississippi area have started a group to share information on spill readiness and source water monitoring.
Quad City Area Mississippi River Coalition. Laurie offered resources from the section website.
Splash Articles - October 1st is the deadline
Nadine would like the articles early if possible.
Robyn to re-submit the article on the River Watch that Kevin Culver did with the students.
Next meeting - September 18th - 10 am
Training on the website and adobeconnect to determine the content of the website the public committee page.
All - sent suggestions to Robyn on title for the splash heading
Robyn - to send a revised version.
Board member - did not contact the Source Water Committee for feedback.
Marianne - talk to Laurie about expanded network for last webinar to agricultural community.
Robyn - send Laurie the text for an email blast on the Source Water Award
new number 530-881-1212