ISAWWA Source Water Protection Committee
Conference Call Meeting 9/25/14 10:00 a.m.
On the Call:
Mission of Committee: The ISAWWA Source Water Protection Committee is established to assist water utilities in protecting their source water
1. Review minutes of last meeting (posted on the ISAWWA website) – No Changes
2. ISAWWA staff to review website and how committees use the website to post information- Create a public Committee page. Move links currently on Committee page to public page. Greg will create an intro for the public page. Post Volunteer Opportunities spreadsheet on public page.
3. ISAWWA Strategic Planning Documents (see attachment) continue to discuss
a. Discuss Greg’s draft volunteer opportunity table attached (great job Greg!!)
Post on webpage
4. Training events
a. Training for 2014 Fracking update on 4th webinar - Ed Coggin update
b. Dealing with spills in source water Greg Swanson - update
Sept 11 – 1st webinar. Positive feedback. Oct 17 – Ed will moderate
Oct 29 – 3rd webinar - Intelligent watersheds. Angela will send T-CON intro PPT to committee.
c. Ed Coggin - Illinois State Water Survey just completed with 3D modeling of McHenry County aquifers which was published last week. We could include a summary of the report and how it will be available for municipalities to use with a link to get more info - Ed Coggin. Considering 2 webinars at end of year/beginning of 2015.
d. Source Water Protection Awardees webinar - Robyn set for November 5th and 17th
5. Updates on collaborative efforts
a. List of collaborative efforts and liaisons.
ii. Illinois State Water Survey
iii. AWWA Source Water Committee
iv. Illinois Section AWWA Water Utility Council
v. Great Rivers Research Center Lewis and Clark College
vi. IEPA Regional Groundwater Protection Groups
vii. North West Planning Alliance – Oct 28 meeting in conjunction with Source Water Group. Post agenda on Committee (public) page
viii. West Shore Water Producers
ix. Quad Cities Area Mississippi River Water Suppliers Coalition – Bettendorf Spill Response Coop – Coalition invited to observe Fall drill that was held upstream of the water plant, will plan a joint tabletop exercise over the winter
x. No additions
6. Future Splash articles and Issue for Source Water emphasis (Nov 2015) – Rick and Cassandra submitted articles and ideas. Review source water awardees and projects. What are the obligations of the committee for content?
7. Additional business
a. New meeting time and date, is this working for everyone?
b. Other business – Jonathan moving to the East Coast. Looking for 2 additional people to review award submittals. Possibly include one of last year’s winners- Robyn will ask Rick if he would like to participate. Review committee for 2015 Source Water Awards: Anthony, Ed and Rick (?)
c. Next meeting October 23, 2014 10:00 a.m. conference call ( I know this is not the normal meeting date I will be out of town on the 16 th which would be our normal meeting date)
new number 530-881-1212