Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Outreach Committee Meeting
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend
 

Outreach committee conference call meeting - phone: 530-881-1212 meeting 868-782-442

6/17/2015
When: June 17th
2:00 pm
Where: Conference call
Contact: Laruie Dougherty
866-521-3595


Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Next Meeting

Conference call - Phone: 530-881-1212 Meeting: 868-782-442
June 17th - 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm


May 20th Meeting - Minutes

Lara Biggs - Vice Chair
Elizabeth Doellman

Kyla Jacobsen
Andrew Dow
Linda Henry
Greg Swanson

Kristin is unable to attend - Lara will run the meeting.

Operator Scholarship
- Michelle will be a reviewer for the request for the operator training scholarship requests.
- Still need to alter the website and/or communication to the members on the availability of this new scholarship.

Looking for someone to take a look at the form on line and see if we need to alter it. Laurie suggested that someone from this committee work with Angela and Jeff Freeman to see what needs to be developed for the form for the operator scholarship.  Kyla will coordinate this with education committee.

University of Alumni- NEED FURTHER CLARIFICATION on what we are asking for the volunteers on asking the alumni to be involved.

Internship Program- Kristin has been working with the YP Group on the Linked In Group to see what other sections have linked students with jobs. We would like to see how many utilities have interns. We considered submitting an abstract for WATERCON 2016 for panel discussion. We need to figure out how the utilities are finding their interns currently. Andrew Dow will be happy to help Kristin with what utilities are using for getting internships.

WATERCON - Programming. Laurie, Kyle, Chris Ulm and Kristin will be meeting on what the YP Student/Outreach program will be. We need to be sure and include the information on offering to stay overnight on Tuesday night. We should consider providing van transportation from Chicago to the conference.

We are looking at a condensed program....
Tuesday only - poster 9-11 competition, 12 - 1 pm lunch for poster presenters and scholarship winners, 1-3 career counseling, resume reviews, mock interviews, etc. and 4-5pm the YP reception.

The meeting will be on June 1st at 1 pm to meet online to talk about the WATERCON schedule. Ask our student intern and/or Ann Perry. Include Amanda and the Chapter Vice-Chair to dial in. Greg

Moline - Western Illinois Quad Cities Campus 
- Greg has a connection with the institute for environmental studies through the surface water coalition. They are interested in working with utilities and that may lead to involvement with the students.

Next meeting - June 17th - 2:00 pm -
Phone: 530-881-1212 Meeting: 868-782-442

To Do - May Meeting
  • Lara to check with Kristin on where she is on the operator scholarships and get back with Kyla
  • Kyla to work with Angela and Jeff Freeman to see what needs to be added to the website and what communications need to be sent out .
  • Lara to send Laurie information on what she would like posted on the LinkedIn page to recruit volunteers.
  • Kristin to schedule a call with Ann Perry, student chapter and Kristin, and Outreach committee members that want to volunteer to detail what is involved in volunteering for the U of I Chapter outreach.
  • Andrew Dow to get with Kristin to see where we are in the survey form and get some additional information out to the members and research.
  • How do we communicate the networking that takes place at WATERCON for students that will encourage them to attend.

To Do - April Meeting
  • Kristin - Ask Michelle if she can take on the roll of approving the operator scholarship applications
  • Kristin - post the request for the alums to be involved on ISAWWA and AWWA LinkedIN pages.
  • Kristin - Ask the U of I Chapter if a Monday would be better for them to attend WATERCON?
  • Kristin - Submit a paper on internships at utilities for WATERCON 2016
  • Kristin - develop a 3 question survey on the internships and also ask APWA what response they have had from their survey as well as the YP connections at other Sections and maybe offer a no water no beer t-shirt.


Membership Software Powered by YourMembership.com®  ::  Legal