On the call
Not on the call
Steve Wilson- traveling
September 23rd. Same as operator day.
Call for papers going out soon.
Suggesting for a WATERCON champion - Look at a couple of issues.
Bob Rick - will try to attend the WATERCON meeting in September
Splash Article- If anyone wants to write an article for the small systems.
Also if any committee member wants to attend any meetings that would be great. Jon will be attending a one day meeting in July for Committee Chairs.
Mentoring- Still in process. Laurie explained how we are trying to built it to last and how we will get some volunteer input into the project. Next steps is Laurie is to set up the trial account online to see if it will work for a mentoring portal.
AWWA National- Steve Wilson is on the committee and not on the call
Small Systems Conference- Bob Rick and Jon Meyer will work the booth in October.
Rural Utility Board Member Training- Pat Gleason was going to look at some training.
Small Systems Training- Jon needs to review the training that the Education Committee has sent him to review. It would be a 4 day course.
Maybe the committee would champion the training course. The book and the slides are together. In Lake County we did a portion of it on Pumps. It was maxed out at 16 people and it was a 4 week course. It was very well received.
Can the small systems committee pick a few speakers and Angela can arrange a host utility for them. There are 4 different topics - the pump program was highly developed and the small systems wastewater program needed some re-work. Asking the committee if the materials are a seminar in a box ready to go or is it needing to be beefed up.
Training- Angela - ISAWWA hosted two grant seminars that were sponsored by AWWA. They were hosted in northern Illinois and they were targeted small systems. One was financial management and one was compliance with safe drinking water. There were 40 at the financial management seminar with a great representation of small systems. The other seminar was in Park Forest with about 30 people. 15 - 20 were from small systems. Bud was the trainer and he did an excellent job. We are getting ready for round 2 - in 2016 we will be putting on 2 compliance type trainings and one financial small system training. We are looking for great locations. Let Angela know. If you want to be a trainer, the materials are prepared. Check with Bud at RCAP on how it went. Steve Wilson - downstate can be of assistance for the small systems grant training. Needs a few more locations in District 5 in Bloomington,Decatur, and east. We had a pump seminar in Monequa and had 12 people signed up. On September 29th - we are hosting a half day seminar in Pittsfield on how they went from a surface water source to a ground water source. Ron Smith at Illinois American in Champaign has a new facility and they are interested in hosting training.
New potential member - Village of Calumet Park - director or foreman would be a great person to add to this committee.
- Laurie to ask Crowne Plaza to look at the layout of the small systems room - speaker was close to the attendees. They do not want to be in a regular meeting room.
- Laurie to send the Small Systems the results of the Regional Officers Meeting workshop on the mentoring program.
- Laurie to advise Randy Lusk that Jon and Bob will work the booth for / with him at the Rural Water Conference.
- Sandi to see how to get Bob Rick the booth if Randy is not going to go to the Rural Water Conference
- Jon to review the presentation on the small systems training
- All members - consider championing the small systems training course
- Jon - forward the presentation to Pat Gleason and he will also give to Bud to review.
- Angela - send the name and contact info of the Village of Calumet park for Jon to follow up
- Jon - follow up on the addition of a new member(s) Village of Calumet Park
- Laurie - send the committee the two optional layouts for WATERCON
Next meeting - June 19th - 9:00 am
Phone: 605-562-3000 code 553113