Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Safety Committee Conference Call
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend

Safety Committee Conference Call - Conference call only - No screen sharing

When: August 4, 2015
11:30 AM
Where: online committee meeting
phone 530-881-1212
meeting 868-782-442
Contact: Laurie Dougherty

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Next meeting - August 4th - 11:30 am
Phone 530-881-1212 meeting #868-782-442

Safety and Emergency Planning Committee Minutes - June Meeting

On the call
Kendra Rose
Eric Staley
Carolyn Grieves
Laurie Dougherty
Nora Bertram
Brian Jack

Unable to attend
Kevin Culver

Additional Committee Members
Brian Sexton
Kevin Lookis
Eduardo Gasca

Welcome to Nora Bertram- our newest Safety Committee member
New to the City of Elgin Water Dept. and previously worked for a consulting firm for 12 years.

  • Did everyone get the third template? We are building the templates to help communities to build their own safety policy.
  • The third one is for trenching and shoring.
  • Asking everyone on the call to take one read through the documents - let Carolyn know what changes that need to be made.
  • The next steps are to be made into editable PDF's and can be released to the section.
  • The webinar would be in the fall but can be put on the schedule at anytime.

Committee Goals-
We have accomplished our goal #2 of the cut sheets.
We have completed:
  • confined space
  • lock out tag out
  • trenching and shoring

Still have a few ideas left to present - arc flash, short circuit, basic electrical safety, cold weather,.
Chemical safety (re-title to - Right to know - or hazard communications) should be added and we could include a one page on forklift safety.  Brian and Eric to work together on the right to know content.

Safety blog- do we pursue developing the blog
It would tie into nicely with the documents that we are preparing and then add to it.
We can start slowly with a question or two to build content.
We hope that the blog will drive some interaction with the members and we can find more of their needs.

Splash - have the February issue of Splash a safety issue
Articles - blog info - cut sheets - need a cover photo

Education- Angela forwarded an offer to do training on OSHA topics
Is there any conflict with what the committee is doing - no conflict
If it is a webinar or seminars - they can moderate and the committee wants to be involved in the process and a part of the events

  1. 1910 Subpart D – Walking-Working Surfaces (high source of injuries)
  2. 1910 Subpart E – Means of Egress
  3. 1910 .1030 Blood Borne Pathogens
  4. 1910 Subpart K – Fundamentals of Medical and First Aid
  5. 1910 Subpart L – Fire Protection, Emergency Plans, Fire Prevention Plans
  6. 1910 Subpart M – Compressed Gas and Compressed Air Equipment
  7. 1910 Subpart O – Machinery and Machine Guarding
  8. 1910 Subpart P – Hand and Portable Powered Tools and Other Hand-Held Equipment
  9. 1910 Subpart S – Electrical

To Do
Eric - send out the check list for trenching and shoring to the committee.
Carolyn - edit the strategic plan for 2015-16
Laurie to coordinate with Kendra and Leigha how we can jump start the blog and what role Leigha will play?
Angela - move forward with OSHA events - and keep the safety committee involved.
Brian Jack, Carolyn and Eric to get on conference call to discuss webinar format. (targeting the 18th for a call)
Laurie to resurrect the old AWWA survey for a future award discussion.
Kevin Culver - attending the July 10th committee workshop

Next meeting - August 4th - 11:30 am
Call 530-881-1212 Meeting: 868-782-442


All - consider if they want a safety track.
Kevin - By fall - decide what the giveaway item is for WATERCON 2016 - ask Kevin Culver for ideas.
Laurie - Stay in same location - coordinated with Josh from ILWARN was good.
All - Figure out a way to get more people involved in working the booth.

Laurie to provide information on what it means to be a vice chair.

Membership Software Powered by®  ::  Legal