Safety and Emergency Planning Committee Minutes - June Meeting
On the call
Unable to attend
Additional Committee Members
Welcome to Nora Bertram- our newest Safety Committee member
New to the City of Elgin Water Dept. and previously worked for a consulting firm for 12 years.
Still have a few ideas left to present - arc flash, short circuit, basic electrical safety, cold weather,.
Chemical safety (re-title to - Right to know - or hazard communications) should be added and we could include a one page on forklift safety. Brian and Eric to work together on the right to know content.Safety blog
- do we pursue developing the blog
It would tie into nicely with the documents that we are preparing and then add to it.
We can start slowly with a question or two to build content.
We hope that the blog will drive some interaction with the members and we can find more of their needs.
- have the February issue of Splash a safety issue
Articles - blog info - cut sheets - need a cover photo
Education- Angela forwarded an offer to do training on OSHA topics
Is there any conflict with what the committee is doing - no conflict
If it is a webinar or seminars - they can moderate and the committee wants to be involved in the process and a part of the events
- 1910 Subpart D – Walking-Working Surfaces (high source of injuries)
- 1910 Subpart E – Means of Egress
- 1910 .1030 Blood Borne Pathogens
- 1910 Subpart K – Fundamentals of Medical and First Aid
- 1910 Subpart L – Fire Protection, Emergency Plans, Fire Prevention Plans
- 1910 Subpart M – Compressed Gas and Compressed Air Equipment
- 1910 Subpart O – Machinery and Machine Guarding
- 1910 Subpart P – Hand and Portable Powered Tools and Other Hand-Held Equipment
- 1910 Subpart S – Electrical
Eric - send out the check list for trenching and shoring to the committee.
Carolyn - edit the strategic plan for 2015-16
Laurie to coordinate with Kendra and Leigha how we can jump start the blog and what role Leigha will play?
Angela - move forward with OSHA events - and keep the safety committee involved.
Brian Jack, Carolyn and Eric to get on conference call to discuss webinar format. (targeting the 18th for a call)
Laurie to resurrect the old AWWA survey for a future award discussion.
Kevin Culver - attending the July 10th committee workshop
Next meeting - August 4th - 11:30 am
Call 530-881-1212 Meeting: 868-782-442
All - consider if they want a safety track.
Kevin - By fall - decide what the giveaway item is for WATERCON 2016 - ask Kevin Culver for ideas.
Laurie - Stay in same location - coordinated with Josh from ILWARN was good.
All - Figure out a way to get more people involved in working the booth.
Laurie to provide information on what it means to be a vice chair.