new number 530-881-1212
Conference call and screen sharing
Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List
ISAWWA Source Water Committee Meeting via AdobeConnect
August 13th, - 10 am
Phone number 530-881-1212
On the call
Ed Coggin, Committee Chair
Lydia Balla Stamatopoulos
Splash - Article updates
Kevins article - 2 -3 pages with photos.
High resolution photos if possible
prefered larger file size then 1.0mb
Have them send the articles to both Ed and Laurie
Greg article -
In process - gave an update. Will have photos.
River Watch Flyer - Kevin has a 2 page flyer that can be included
Lydia - will have article by the deadline. She is getting a bit more info. 1-3 pages including photos
Ed - ISGS and ISWS - working and on track with his article and will expand outside of McHenry and will be the entire northeast region. Has images, etc. model output indicating water supply issues.
Robyn - She asked the ACE committee if they wanted to submit an article on their activities. She has a target article on the EPA initiatives on source water protection after their spill. May have a few others also.
Greg - will incorporate total water aspect in his article and how it is all related. Can you include total water into your chair's article?
Retreat - goals and objectives Kevin will represent this committee at the retreat.
Incorporate TOTAL WATER into ALL aspects of ISAWWA
To provide TOTAL WATER education and resources for members and non-members
- ID areas in which stormwater and wastewater impact source water. explore reuse water to supplement existing source water.
- Expand the discussions (and training ) on wastewater effluent and it's effects on surface water sources.
- the goal would be to identify those areas and how it all fits together
- stress surface water and ground water connectivity
- better promote the interactions between surface and groundwater resources
- surface to ground water connection - maybe a field day?
- field workshop
- splash articles
- watercon topics
- webinar topics
Continue and expand role in providing TOTAL WATER education that is high quality, timely and cost effective
To strengthen ISAWWA position to ensure financial viability of ISAWWA while meeting the training needs of Illinois water professionals
- Present high quality webinars and seminars based on material ID'd in Goal #1
- Continue our goal of to provided webinars or in person seminars on timely topics
- Create a series of training webinars that address source water issues. Similar to what we have been doing, but more consistent. Have a structured - targeted list of topics that we want to deliver.
- Continue to provide webinars on water quality subjects
- I think that we are already doing this, just need to keep up the efforts and continue our timely workshops and webinars
For members to actively participate in the organization to invigorate and sustain the organization
To increase participation of members, welcome and provide growth opportunities for new members, strengthen ISAWWA through inclusion of diverse perspectives, achieve ISAWWA and committee goals
- Try to recruit new members from your network
- we need to do a better job of recruiting new members such that we have more resources to accomplish our goals.
- Committee members can personally contact water professionals they know - both for committee involvement and also as presenters and/or authors
- Our diversity is ok at this time regulatory, surface water, consultant, municipal, private, but could look for wastewater, storm water surfacewater
- Keep in mind people who can volunteer for small parts of work and not a lifetime commitment
Goal #4 -
Goal - ISAWWA shall continue to be financial viability and ISAWWA offerings shall be priced to provide good value to its members and customers
Objective - To maintain reasonable fees for ISAWWA services, and to promote and communicate value of ISAWWA membership
- Webinars and seminars will help to fulfill this goal.
Support ISAWWA’s mission of TOTAL WATER and ongoing vitality by Recruit new members and promote water related careers
Objective - To support ISAWWA’s mission of TOTAL WATER and ongoing viability
- look for wastewater, storm water surface water
Kevin and Robyn - will volunteer to compare our new goals with our strategic plan from last year.
Greg to look for a cover photo
Kevin to send the flyer to Laurie to check the resolution or email the person who wrote it and see if they can send it to us.
Should we segment our connections/meetings to be
- time where we share what is going on
- time to talk about education activities
August meeting - August 13th - 10 am
Have all of the articles completed and available for discussion
call 530-881-1212 meeting 868-782-442
September meeting - September 3rd - 10 am
Have the final versions for the editor