Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Safety Committee Conference Call - NEW DATE 9-14-15
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend

Safety Committee Conference Call - Conference call only - screen sharing

When: September 14, 2015
11:30 AM
Where: online committee meeting
phone 530-881-1212
meeting 868-782-442
Contact: Laurie Dougherty

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

CONTACT: Laurie Dougherty

Next meeting – September 14 - 11:30 am  (RESCHEDULED FROM 9-1-15)
Phone 530-881-1212 meeting #868-782-442

screen sharing

Safety and Emergency Planning Committee Minutes – August Meeting

On the call
Carolyn Grieves
Nora Bertram
Brian Jack

Eduardo Gasca

Unable to attend
Kevin Culver

Laurie Dougherty  

Kendra Rose
Brian Sexton
Kevin Lookis

1. Safety Policy Templates

First three webinars have been scheduled for August 17 (Lockout Tagout), August 24 (Confined Space) and August 31 (Trenching and Shoring). Brian and Eric have been doing a great job preparing the presentations. We will be sharing our policy templates during the presentations. Editable PDFs have been created and posted to our file site. Safety committee is encouraged to attend the webinars.


2. Committee Goals-
Nora attended the Strategic Planning Retreat. The emphasis on total water (source water, stormwater, wastewater collection) will need to be addressed within our committee goals. We discussed that a lot of our topics really do cover total water- ie Trenching and Shoring safety is appropriate for all. Carolyn asked the committee to consider this direction for our next month’s discussion where we develop our strategic planning goals for next year.


3. IEMA Training – Radium/Radon in Water and Wastewater Plants- Gary Forsee with IEMA has prepared some training materials on the impact of radon on worker safety in water and wastewater treatment plants treating for systems with radium in the groundwater. Carolyn suggested this committee team with Gary to help him review the documents and help him present to our section members. Nora and Brian both thought this sounded like a good idea. Carolyn to follow up with Gary and invite him to our next conference call.


4. Committee Liaison Updates

Water Utility Council- None


Education – Angela looking for safety speakers and topics if we know of any (other than our esteemed committee members already presenting our safety templates of course!)

ILWARN – looking to promote ILWARN at conferences and upcoming Rural Water Association meetings


To Do
Laurie to coordinate with Kendra and Leigha how we can jump start the blog and what role Leigha will play?
Angela - move forward with OSHA events - and keep the safety committee involved.
Brian Jack, Carolyn and Eric to present webinars end of August
Laurie to resurrect the old AWWA survey for a future award discussion.


All - consider if they want a safety track.
Kevin - By fall - decide what the giveaway item is for WATERCON 2016 - ask Kevin Culver for ideas.
Laurie - Stay in same location - coordinated with Josh from ILWARN was good.
All - Figure out a way to get more people involved in working the booth.
Laurie to provide information on what it means to be a vice chair.

Splash - have the February issue of Splash a safety issue

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal