On the call
Scott Bailey - Illinois Rural Water event
Greg Swanson, Chair is joining this call today.
ACE2016 - Brian Jobb asked for assistance to encourage local small systems to submit. The due date is September 17th.
Who might be interested in presenting at ACE? - Steve Wilson is interested in submitting. Mike Burris is also going to look to see if he can prepare something. Pat Gleason will talk to Bud to see what they might have. Bob Rick will give it some thought.
Suggestion that we compile a list of abstracts and send that list to Brian Jobb.
Steve to check to see if they are having a small systems day at ACE.
WATERCON Operator Day
- We can start to identify topics and speakers
- Pat Gleason - considering doing some talk for managers - possibly an emergency table top exercise at the small systems session.
- Steve was at Horsely Whitten - Mark Nelson presented a table top talk - that showed a water tower was painted and it said " I poisoned the water "
It happened in Morris. We can contact them for information too.
- Can also break into small groups and each group come up with what they would do.
- Lori Stenzel is interested in speaking again and will go through some case studies and will dovetail nicely with the emergency response theme.
Still in progress.
AWWA National - Steve Wilson - if you want to do a webinar - applications are due September 10th. TEC funds are available and applications due September 10th
AWWA Small Systems Outreach Committee - Suggest that the next issue of Splash be an article on this page.
Wastewater Treatment Manual -
Bud to review - he thought the manual was great. Bob's mailing address : Bob Rick, 324 Palmor Drive, Ottawa, IL 61350
Committee - what should we do next ? What ideas do you have?
Small Systems - Is there an opportunity to gather people together for small systems in the Springfield area? (Greg Swanson suggested)
Steve Wilson - Champagne area is a possibility.
- Steve Wilson - ask Mark Nelson at Horsley Whitten to do the round table and then do a report out.
- Sandi - Send evaluation data from the small systems track from WATERCON 2014 and 15 to Jon Meyer if its available.
- Steve Wilson - send Laurie the info on applying for TEC funds.
- Steve Wilson - write an article on the resources for the awwa page for the issue of Splash
- Pat Gleason - sending the manual to Bob Rick.
- Angela - ask Bud Mason to help teach the wastewater class (book that he reviewed) Bob Rick may help teach it.
- Steve - ask Jennifer Santini if they are having a small systems day at ACE.
- Pat Gleason - will be asking Scott Bailey to also submit an abstract for WATERCON and ACE
- Laurie and Jon to remind the committee to submit abstracts for ACE and WATERCON (due at the end of August)
Next meeting - September 25th - 9:00 am
Phone: 605-562-3000 code 553113