The Illinois Section AWWA YP Excellence Award was established to recognize the contributions of young/new members whose service and achievements are exceptional for their years of experience. The award is given annually to one member of the organization that has demonstrated an active commitment to the organization and the profession as a whole.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination:
· A member in good standing with Illinois Section AWWA.
· Less than 35 years of age
· Shows enthusiasm by participation in professional meetings, committees, events, and activities.
· Serves as a positive influence on the organization and profession by way of service, good fellowship, leadership, and commitment.
· An Illinois Section AWWA member must complete an award nomination form on behalf of a YP.
· The nomination form must be filled out completely.
· Nominations must be submitted by December 31st, to be considered for following year.
The Illinois Section AWWA Awards Committee will review the nominations and select the winner for the Illinois Section AWWA YP of the Year Award.
The winner will be presented with the Illinois Section AWWA YP Excellence Award at the Annual Conference (WATERCON).