Congratulations Congratulations to Clearwater Service Corporation.
They have won the Illinois Section AWWA water tasting contest. They now will represent the Illinois Section of AWWA at the national conference that will be held in Boston Massachusetts in June. "Congratulations" to Doug Nevius and his staff....Good luck at the national conference!!!
Judges were: Doug Brinkman, AWWA VP, Nancy Sullivan, AWWA Section Services and Mary Reed, Illinois EPA.
Pictured to the left is Doug Brinkman.
This year's competitors were:
1. Clear Water Service Corporation – winner of 15 County Water Supply Operators Association competition
2. City of Aurora – winner of Kane County Water Association competition
3. Central Lake County Joint Action Water Agency – winner of West Shore Water Producers Association competition
4. Village of Romeoville – winner of South Suburban Water Works Association
5. City of Rockford – winner of ISAWWA District #1 Competition
6. EJ Water Corporation – returning winner from last year’s competition
As can be seen in the list above Illinois has several local or regional competitions for utilities to enter, if one isn’t available in your area we will be happy to assist you in putting one together for next year’s competition. To be eligible to compete in the state competition the utility must produce their own water and be free of state or federal violations for the past 12 months.
Nora Bertram, PE AB&H, A Donohue Group ׀ Donohue & Associates, Inc. 312.236.9147 (phone) ׀ 312.236.0692 (fax)