The Water Distribution Committee helps to advance water distribution issues and support distribution system staff throughout the state of Illinois. The committee organizes the yearly Water Distribution Conference, which provides education and training on a variety of topics related to distribution systems.
Provide information related to the design, construction, maintenance, safety and operation of water distribution systems. Improve water distribution personnel capabilities and professionalism.
To promote the importance of water distribution systems by educating and energizing water operations personnel throughout the state of Illinois.
- Promote, sponsor, and produce annual ISAWWA distribution system conference.
- Produce a checklist to guide the planning process for the Conference.
- Encourage committee members to submit at least one annual article in AWWA and/or ISAWWA publications.
- Work with other ISAWWA committees to educate distribution system operators, administrators and other water industry professionals.
- Increase ISAWWA Water Distribution Committee membership and activities. (Peer recruitment, WATERCON booth, Social event)
- Embrace the core values of the ISAWWA as guiding principles of the Distribution Committee.
- Promote networking opportunities within the water distribution community.
- Maintain awareness of and cooperate with local and regional water associations.
- Maintain memberships in local operator groups (nominate candidates for office), develop relationship with other AWWA Sections through the Regional Officers Meeting.
- The Distribution Committee will operate as a committee of the whole.
- All committee members will be members of Illinois Section AWWA.
- Subcommittees shall be created as needed.
- Education – Angela Podesta
- Mac – Brad Schotanus and Jeff Fischer
- Splash – Dennis Bowe
- Technical Program – Owen Keenan
- Water Utility Council – Paul May
- Young Professional –
- ILWARN – Scott Bernholdt
- Backflow – Tim Brodnan
- Membership – Dan Watson
(Click on a name to see our bio)
Interested in getting involved with the Water Distribution Committee? Contact Owen Keenan
for more information.
The following are some related/useful links for Water Distribution Systems.