|Friday, January 31, 2014 - Booth Activities Suggestions for WATERCON 2014|
Get more attention in your booth!
Best practice ideas
- Record a YouTube video and send to ISAWWA for email distribution.
- Offer a special giveaway in your promotion via YouTube or email that needs to be claimed at your booth.
- Before the show we print postcards that say, "You'll be shaking a ton of hands today. Go back to your office with a lot of leads, but not a cold. Stop by our booth and get a free bottle of hand sanitizer!"
Companies you can hire
- Demonstrations - demonstrate your product in your booth. Have a cut-away model or use technology to demonstrate
- Have a drawing - simple fish-bowl,drop your card in. Have a white board and draw a name every few hours for a special prize to be collected by end of day
- You could ask visitors trivia questions about your product and reward them with prizes (it’s a good idea to have your company’s logo and/or contact information on the prize).
- QR code to scan for more details and website
- Have a contest in your booth and in order to enter, they need to listen to 3 different sales presentations throughout the show.
- Give away fake tattoos
- Give away seed packets with your company information on it
- Book signing from an "author"
- Chair massage from licensed massage therapist
- Shoe shines for attendees while they sit in your booth
- Handwriting analysis company - have participants write your message and their handwriting is analyzed
- Putting contest - highest score of the day wins - participants have to keep coming back to check scores.
- WI game
- Take a digital photo of visitors and superimpose them on unique backgrounds, such as magazine covers to create a memorable takeaway.
- Have a "community" painting. Each person fills in a paint by number of your product or service sketched out in advance by an artist
- game of darts
- make luggage tags for the participants with a laminator and your company name on the other side of the card
- Have a prize wheel to spin for a prize
- Custom table cover - draws attention and shows you are different
- Have a dress code or logo-ed shirts that make it easy to identify your staff
- Deserts ordered from hotel in your booth.
- Popcorn machine in your booth
- Bake cookies in your booth-electric stove
- Order fresh cinnamon rolls for the morning break
- Arrange a hospitality suite for after the exhibit hall closes
- Hook up your own charging station with a couple of chairs (charge cell phones)
- Create a six second vine video demonstrating your product or service
- Start a LinkedIn discussion or contest and the answer is found at your booth.
- Have visitors tag your business or booth in a picture or post on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram as entry for a contest. Have them use a specific hashtag relating to your business and the tradeshow. ex: #VRSXSW
For more ideas and tips on training new booth staff, sign up for one of the two webinars listed on the right side of this email.
Remember, all activities need to be conducted within your booth space and not infringe physically or be too loud to bother your neighboring booths. If you are unsure if an activity is okay, just send us an email at email@example.com
Illinois Section AWWA
545 S. Randall Road
St. Charles, Illinois firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by visiting: @@unsubscribe_url@@