Administrative Assistant – Full Time
Illinois Section American Water Works Association
Provides office and membership services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects.
Demonstrate trust and teamwork in all aspects of Association business; provide exceptional internal and external customer service. Communicate in an open and honest manner.
- Records all registrations, receivables and assist with other financial items as assigned by Exec. Dir.
- Records deposits for checking accounts.
- Prepares documentation for CPA audit.
- Update and maintain the website with current information
- Enter, update and process training related items such as; seminar information, survey with hours, certificates, evaluations, links to online training.
- Assist Education Coordinator with facility and food requirements for seminars
- Obtain thank you's for presenters/moderators and send handwritten thank you notes
- Schedule pickup, delivery and liaison with storing utility to be sure procedures are followed.
- Update the website with the trailer schedule
- Followup with municipal users of trailer to obtain stories with photos of use.
- Track the licensing of the trailer license plates
- Arrange for food and space requirements
- Compile any handouts or related emails for meetings.
Conference - WATERCON
- Handle all registrations for all participants; speakers, moderators, award winners, exhibitors, registrants.
- Handle all registration arrangements including printing of badges, ordering of supplies, transporting to site.
- Price and order all awards, as needed for Conference including specific engraving
- Update the abstracts list with speaker information and update website.
- Compile the moderator packages including speaker gifts and biographies
- Coordinate the onsite registration area including recruitment of volunteers
- Research options for speaker gifts
- Respond to member inquiries and renewals
- Respond to requests for assistance with membership, training records and website
- Assist with new member recruitment
- Send out new member packets / emails
- Coordinate the followup of contacting new members with Board members.
- Maintain library of documents at facility
- Coordinate the cleaning of facility
- Procure and track office supplies and storage area.
- Research potential new advertisers
- Send renewal notices for current advertisers including tear sheets.
- Must have working knowledge and skills in the following computer software/programs: MS Office including Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Word,
- Acquired basic knowledge of html.
- Possess an understanding of how to motivate and reward volunteers, thus maintaining the volunteer structure of ISAWWA.
- Have the ability to work independently and must be able to communicate effectively via email, telephone and in person.
|Hourly wage with overtime. Benefits include individual health insurance, sick time, paid holidays and vacation|