- The Illinois Section AWWA volunteer position of public information coordinator is intended to disburse information concerning statewide activities to the news media and social media outlets to accomplish increased visibility of the water professional and the Association.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Work with trustees in regional areas to coordinate press activities
- Initiate statewide news media placements 4 times annually on current potable water topics
- Initiate social media discussions one time per month on social media outlets, LinkedIN, Facebook, etc.
- Prepare press release templates for WATERCON presenters to use
- Prepare press release templates for Awardees to use
- Work with WATERCON public relations committee to coordinate media releases
- Member of Illinois Section AWWA
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Experience in public speaking
- Sufficient flexibility in work schedule to accommodate preparation time and short notice requests
- Ability to handle deadlines
- Broad base knowledge of potable water topics.
- 1 hour per week - April thru December
- 2 hours per week - Jan - March
Orientation, Training, and Continued Education Provided
- Social media administrative skills
- Website administrative skills
- Networking with Board members
- Networking with news media contacts in Illinois
- Networking with AWWA national.
10-2-12 - Laurie Dougherty
- Your home or work office
- Section office if requested.