- Career Center
|Job Description - Volunteer Committee Vice Chair|
Committee Vice-Chair DRAFT VERSION
The key roles of
the vice chair are to assist the committee chair and staff liaison in
facilitation, coordination and communication – ensuring that the volunteers and
committee members are actively engaged in the achievement of Committee and
ISAWWA’s work plan. The Vice Chair should also seek to develop an understanding
of the overall goals of the committee and ISAWWA and build connections to
prepare the Vice Chair to serve in the committee chair role.
1. Attends all meetings (in person, conference call, and virtual), generally including ISAWWA’s Annual Volunteer Retreat in July.
2. Reviews all relevant material prior to the meetings. Prepares to make contributions, facilitate discussions, and voice objective opinions concerning the group’s issues and activities.
3. Supports the committee chair in communicating regularly with members to ensure that volunteer obligations are fulfilled.
4. Supports ISAWWA’s policy of diversity and inclusion by assisting in the identification and growth of future ISAWWA’s leaders, including identifying and encouraging a diverse group of applicants to the group and its projects.
5. Assists in formulating content resources that will further the goals and objectives of the committee and ISAWWA.
6. Responds promptly to correspondence and information requests; and takes a leadership role to involve open volunteers in various projects throughout the year.
7. Represents the committee in other meetings of other ISAWWA committees as requested.
8. Maintains current membership in ISAWWA during the volunteer term.
9. Accepts and completes
special assignments as requested.
Desire to support the goals and objectives of the Committee, Section and Association.
Approximately one hour per month in addition to the Committee meeting schedule.
Orientation, Training, and Continued Education Provided
10/18/2016New Jobs Posted This Month
10/11/2016Water For People
9/29/2016Groundwater grant proposal time
10/25/2016 » 10/27/2016
Illinois Water Resource Center - Illinois Water Conference
Operator Training Materials
Water Efficiency Committee Meeting
Goose Island Brewery Pub Tour