To promote awareness of the essential functions of the water industry to non-AWWA members through educational activities, school programs, outreach events, and student competitions.
Our goal is to educate the general public on the essential functions and importance of the water industry, the water cycle and water treatment, and career paths in the water industry. Follow the links below to learn more about ISAWWA's Outreach Committee, the educational and interactive resources that we offer, and outreach activities for water industry professionals.
- Make informational resources about the water industry easily accessible to non-AWWA members.
- Raise awareness among Illinois educators of the educational resources and personnel that AWWA can provide to enhance water-related curriculums.
- Increase participation by students in ISAWWA activities and statewide competitions.
- Create opportunities for students to network and search for employment in the water industry.
- Recognize outstanding drinking water accomplishments by students and the schools and utilities/companies that provide support and mentoring.
- Work with Illinois educators to promote and support water-related programs in schools.
- Improve and expand student-geared activities at the ISAWWA annual conference.
- Promote middle school and high school student participation in statewide competitions such as the Illinois Junior Academy of Science’s annual science fair.
- Explore and pursue opportunities for synergistic partnerships with similar organizations offering funding or activities for outreach purposes.
- Provide educational materials and subsidies to Illinois educators who cannot afford to enhance their water-related curriculums.
- Facilitate relationships between Illinois educators and AWWA members in their area who are available to provide outreach assistance.
Committee Chair - Kristin Rehg, City of Evanston