CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Student & Young Professional Poster Competition
Poster Session - Monday, March 20, 2017
Set Up Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm
Judging: 2:00 - 3:00 pm
The Illinois Section of the American Water Works Association (ISAWWA) is pleased to announce an opportunity for students and young professionals (YPs) to share the results of their work and/or academic projects. This is an opportunity to attend the best total water conference in the state, and a great chance to learn about the rapidly evolving water industry through interactions with peers and industry professionals. Interested individuals should complete and return this form.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Originality • Relevance of Topic • Technical Content
Posters should conform to the guidelines indicated on the accompanying guideline document. Information presented on posters can cover a diverse range of topics including:
Poster Competition Details
- Source Water Quality
- Water Treatment & Distribution
- Water Conservation and Reuse
- Stormwater Management
- Green Infrastructure
- Wastewater Collection and Treatment
- Biosolids Management
- Energy Efficiency
Applications must be received by February 17, 2017.
- Selected participants will be notified within two weeks of entry form submittal.
- Maximum Poster Size is 48" x 48"
- Poster competition will take place on Monday, March 20th from 1:00 - 3:30 pm
- Free conference registration for the day for all participants. Includes meals and admission to exhibit hall, Young Professionals Reception and educational seminars.
Limited # of complimentary rooms are available - see form below
- Prizes: Winner is entered in the AWWA national poster competition at ACE17, Philadelphia, PA, travel expenses subsidized by ISAWWA. $250 cash prize for second place.
THE FINE PRINT:
The first place poster will be entered in the national AWWA poster competition, which will take place on Tuesday, June 13, 2017, in Philadelphia, PA Only the presenter(s) who presented the winning poster at the WATERCON2017 conference will be sponsored by ISAWWA to attend the national AWWA conference in Anaheim (absent team members may not take their place). If the presenter(s) are not able to attend the national AWWA conference, the second place poster will be promoted to the first place poster, and the presenter sponsored to attend the national AWWA conference. CLICK HERE for more information on AWWA ACE Poster Information
Complete the online form below.
For inquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 866-521-3595 ext. 1
- Benefit to the water industry
- Technical content
- Quality and professionalism of presentation
- Thoroughness of responses during Q&A
- Organization and clarity of poster
If your entry is selected for presentation at WATERCON2017, you will receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks of your submission.