CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Student & Young Professional Poster Competition
Poster Session - Tuesday March 19, 2013
Display 9am to 11am - Judging 11am
The Illinois Section of the American Water Works Association (ISAWWA) and Illinois Water Environment Association (IWEA) are pleased to announce an opportunity for students and young professionals (YPs) to share the results of their work and/or academic projects. This is an opportunity to attend the best water conference in the state, and a great chance to learn about the rapidly evolving water industry through interactions with peers and industry professionals. Interested individuals should complete and return this form.
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
• Originality • Relevance of Topic • Technical Content
Posters should conform to the guidelines indicated on the accompanying guideline document. Information presented on posters can cover a diverse range of topics including:
Poster Competition Details
- Source Water Quality
- Water Treatment Processes
- Water Distribution Systems
- Water Conservation/Reuse
- Wastewater Collection Systems
- Wastewater Treatment Processes
- Effluent Reuse
- Solids Handling
Applications must be received by February 18, 2013.
THE FINE PRINT:
- Selected participants will be notified within two weeks of entry form submittal.
- Poster competition will take place on Tuesday, March 19, from 9-11am.
- Free conference registration for the day for all participants. Includes meals and admission to exhibit hall, Career Fair and educational seminars.
- Drinking Water Prizes: Winner is entered in the AWWA national poster competition at ACE13, Denver, Colorado, travel expenses subsidized by ISAWWA. $250 cash prize for second place.
Wastewater Prizes: $200 cash prize for first place. $100 cash prize for second place.
The first place drinking water poster will be entered in the national AWWA poster competition, which will take place on Tuesday, June 11, 2013, in Denver, Co. Only the presenter(s) who presented the winning poster at the WATERCON2013 conference will be sponsored by ISAWWA to attend the national AWWA conference in Denver (absent team members may not take their place). If the presenter(s) are not able to attend the national AWWA conference, the second place poster will be promoted to the first place poster, and the presenter sponsored to attend the national AWWA conference.SUBMISSION:
Complete the online form below.
For inquiries visit our web site at www.isawwa.org or call 866-521-3595 ext. 1JUDGING CATEGORIES:
- Benefit to the water industry
- Technical content
- Quality and professionalism of presentation
- Thoroughness of responses during Q&A
- Organization and clarity of poster
You will receive an email confirmation of your entry form within 1-2 business days. If your entry is selected for presentation at WATERCON 2013, you will receive a confirmation email within 2 weeks of your submission.