Term and Qualifications:The Secretary-Treasurer of the Illinois Section AWWA will serve a one-year term that commences on the last day of the annual ISAWWA conference and terminates on the last day of the annual conference of the subsequent year, or on the date his or her successor is installed as Secretary-Treasurer, whichever is later. The Secretary-Treasurer will be a member in good standing of AWWA and of the Illinois Section.
General Duties: The Secretary-Treasurer will assist the Chair in conducting the affairs of the Section in accordance with the Section’s Standard Practices Manual and ensure that the goals and objectives established by AWWA and by the Section are diligently pursued. The Secretary-Treasurer will participate in all Section and AWWA activities to the fullest extent possible.
Minimum Time Commitment:
- Attend all regularly scheduled and special meetings of the Board, unless acceptable notification has been provided to the Chair or the Executive Director of an unavoidable absence.
- Record the minutes of the Board meetings and distribute them in a timely manner to the Board members prior to the subsequent Board meeting.
- If unable to attend a Board meeting, ensure that the Executive Director will be available to record the Minutes of that meeting, or arrange for another substitute.
- Participate as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Review the proposed budget prepared by the Executive Director.
- Attend the annual audit with Executive Director, if possible.
- Review the audit prepared every year by an independent Certified Public Accountant.
- Ensure that reports of financial transactions are prepared and provided to the members of the Board in a timely manner.
- Represent the Section at the AWWA Regional Officers Meeting as well as officer meetings held during the AWWA annual conference, if possible.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Section Chair.
- Board meeting during Annual Conference
- In person Spring and Fall Board Meeting
- 1 conference call Winter Board Meeting
- Minutes taking and editing for each of the Board meetings
- Finance Committee Conference calls - estimate 2 per year