SILENT AUCTION PROCEDURES
Procedures for Silent Auction – Water For People
Prior to Conference
- Contact the exhibitors to remind them to participate
- Show case items via website and social media that have been committed by exhibitors
- Contact the host hotel and request a package donation
- Contact other potential non-exhibitors for donations
- Include in exhibitor emails information on how, why to participate
- Insure that there is cash available for making change for the cashing out procedures
- Insure that there are pens that will write thru 2 copies as well as clip boards
- Prepare a sheet of what the schedule is and have a copy delivered to each booth - this will help them to know the schedule as well as be prepared for their items to be moved early morning on Wednesday
At the Conference
Prior to Exhibit Hall Opening
- Have forms available at the conference registration desk for bidding and donations.
- Duplicate forms on the bidding sheets for carbon copy receipts
- Have WFP committee person attend to each booth to be sure the items are signed up and encourage others to "shop” for items at nearby stores.
- Put up flags at booths that have items on auction.
After Exhibit Hall Opens
Monday - Tuesday
- Check for new items and be sure all sheets are clearly available.
- Check to be sure that there are not "raffles” in booths without participating in WFP auction, if so notify MAC Committee
- Double check with staff to be sure that the area in center is planned to be ready by midnight Tuesday night
- Move items to center area 8:00 am in exhibit hall
- Insure where the paperwork will take place and that volunteers understands how to take cc
- Hall opens at 9am – try and have items all moved before 9:30am
- 10:45 am – announce that the silent auction ends at 11 am
- 10:45 am – have in place several volunteers to be sure bidding stops at 11 am
- 11:00 am – Silent Auction Closes - ask winning bidders to bring their items and paperwork to check out area.
- 11:00 am – Have volunteers available to pick up un-claimed items and take to registration desk.
- 4:45 pm – Get list of un-claimed items from registration desk and have ready to announce at tapping contest. Any unclaimed item could be live auctioned at breakfast or tapping contest.
- Confirm that thank you notes are being written to the vendor participants
- Confirm that receipts will be sent to the bidders from staff
- Write thank you notes to your volunteers that helped with the event
- Write article for Splash magazine
- Review procedures and make necessary changes.
December 19, 2013 - approved by WFP Chair, MAC Chair, Exec. Dir, Admin Asst.