Our Mission:The ISAWWA Source Water Protection Committee is established to assist water utilities in protecting their source water by providing resources
Our Committee:Robyn Doescher - Chair; Ed Coggin –Vice-Chair; Download a complete list of members at the bottom of this webpage.
General Goals: (detailed Strategic Plan listed below)
1. Maintain a committee ISAWWA website page
2. Provide regular communication to ISAWWA members
3. Provide educational opportunities for ISAWWA members
4. Provide opportunities to collaborate and share information with other groups
5. Maintain annual Exemplary Source Water Protection Award program
6. Follow legislation as it pertains to Source Water Protection
Current Hot Topics:
1. Plan and execute Spill Response/Source Water Monitoring, Fracking and Source Water Protection Award Webinars
2. Promote Annual Source Water Protection Award Program
3. Develop WATERCON Track
4. Recruit volunteers to fill volunteer opportunities
5. Plan for Fall Splash - Source Water Theme - recruit articles
6. Planning for Source Water Day - in person meeting
Opportunities: Click here for list of Source Water volunteer opportunities
Why should I want to help?
Committee membership and volunteering is interesting and rewarding. Members and volunteers have the opportunity to learn about current concerns, scientific advances, and pending rules relating to source water protection. They also help evaluate and create related training opportunities for Illinois water supplies. Participation provides the opportunity to network with like-minded water professionals, which brings personal and professional growth.
You can volunteer to help on a one-time basis to see how you like it or consider an ongoing commitment to being a part of the Source Water Committee.
Source Water Resources:
Source Water Protection
Source Water Assessment
Source Water Education and OutreachUseful Links
Committee Chair - Robyn Doescher, Village of Glenview