Water Distribution Conference Breaks Attendance Records
Owen Keenan, Chair
Our Water Distribution Committee was very active at the WATERCON 2012 conference in Springfield this past March. Many of our Committee members attended and volunteered their time at many activities during the conference. The most popular activity was, in my slightly prejudice opinion, the "Bozo” game at the Water Distribution Committee booth. Fabulous prizes were there for the taking if a contestant could put the bean bags into the pipes. Everyone who played won something, and everyone who played had fun. I want to thank all the Committee members who donated their time to staff the booth as well as all the vendors who donated prizes.
The 5th Annual Water Distribution Conference in Countryside, IL was held on April 17th. This popular conference was very well attended once again with over 170 people registered! If you want to see who was there, here is the list! The presentations were excellent. I would like to thank the following presenters for making our technical program so successful:
- Michael Sturtevant, Chicago Dept. of Water Management
- Yakir J. Hasit and Susan Mc Kee, CH2M Hill
- Jeff Schramuk, CP Solutions
- John Dillon, City of Batavia and Michael Ramsey, Village of Westmont
- Jeff Musinski, Village of Arlington Heights
- Mike Ricks, Water Solutions Unlimited, Inc.
- William J. Cussen, Haeger Engineering
Also, I would like to thank all the exhibitors who bought tables and contributed to the conference's success and the financial stability of the Illinois Section:
- American Flow Control
- Associated Technical Services Ltd.
- AY McDonald Mfg. Co.
- Festo Corporation
- Fischer Harris & Associates
- HydroAire, Inc.
- Illinois Section AWWA Membership Committee
- Illinois Section AWWA Water Efficiency Committee
- Lee Jensen Sales Co, Inc.
- M.E. Simpson Co., Inc.
- Midwest Meter, Inc.
- Midwest Water Group
- Pure Technologies US, Inc.
- RJN Group, Inc.
- RMS Utility Services
- Sensus Metering Systems
- Suburban Laboratories Inc.
- Underground Pipe & Valve
- USA Bluebook
- Ziebell Water Products
I feel very fortunate to have a wonderful group of dedicated water people who want to serve on our Committee. I am very appreciative of all the time and effort that they donate to our various Committee activities and to the Water Distribution Conference. GREAT WORK EVERYONE!
Last, but not least, special thanks to Lisa Hoffhines for all that she does for our Committee and the Illinois Section.
I hope that all Illinois Section members and their families have a safe and enjoyable summer. Please enjoy the slideshow of the pictures from the Distribution Conference below.