Term and Qualifications:
The Vice Chair of the Illinois Section AWWA will serve a one-year term
that commences on the last day of the annual ISAWWA conference and terminates
on the last day of the annual conference of the subsequent year, or on the date
his or her successor is installed as Vice Chair, whichever is later. Prior to being installed as Vice Chair, the
candidate will have served an elected term as a Trustee or Secretary-Treasurer
of the Section, or meet other criteria set forth in the Section Bylaws.
General Duties: The Vice Chair will
assist the Chair in conducting the affairs of the Section in accordance with
the Section’s Standard Practices Manual and ensure that the goals and
objectives established by AWWA and by the Section are diligently pursued. The Vice Chair will participate in all
Section and AWWA activities to the fullest extent possible.
Minimum Time Commitment:
- Attend all regularly scheduled and special meetings of the Board, unless acceptable notification has been provided to the Chair
or the Secretary-Treasurer of an unavoidable absence.
- Serve as Chair for the Technical Program Committee for the
- Coordinate with the Chair-Elect on all other activities
relating to the annual meeting in the upcoming year, including meeting room and
exhibit space requirements.
- Represent the Section at the AWWA Regional Officers Meeting
as well as officer meetings held during the AWWA annual conference, if
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Section
Chair, and work with the Section Chair-Elect, to the greatest extent possible,
to become fully acquainted with the responsibilities of the position of Section
- Board meeting during Annual Conference
- In person Spring and Fall Board Meeting
- 1 conference call Winter Board Meeting
- Monthly all committee conference calls
- Frequent correspondence regarding the Annual Conference