Backflow Committee Mission:
To promote and assist all Illinois water systems to implement and effectively enforce Illinois EPA Title 35 cross-connection control regulations and to increase public awareness and provide and develop educational materials and training.
- Provide backflow education to Illinois Section AWWA members
- Provide the opportunity for members to obtain literature and information and ask questions.
- Provide information to members about IEPA rules and the process to implement an approved Backflow Program.
Establish a Process or Method to Accomplish Goals:
- Set up a website that can be accessed through ISAWWA’s website. Members can get information and ask questions
- Organize training sessions on a variety of topics (backflow, plumbing code requirements, IEPA rules, - How to set up a backflow program, etc.)
- Organize a presentation at WATERCON in Springfield
- Create literature and educational materials to be placed on the AWWA website
- Create informational material that members can get at educational conferences
- Provide an online method for members to ask questions and obtain a response
Get Involved - If you would like to be more involved in the Backflow Community, please use the drop down menu above for further selections.
Committee Members can be found on Backflow Committee Members linked page in the drop down at the top of this page.
Backflow Online Blog page is accessible from the link to at the top of this page. If you would like to post a comment, please login using your login and password. If you would like to post a question anonymously, please complete the form below and your question will be reviewed by the Backflow Committee and posted as well as answered on this blog.
Buyers Guide - Backflow Suppliers list can be found by accessing the Buyers Guide and selecting Backflow Prevention in the drop down menu for Products - Potable Water. The buyers guide is accessible by anyone whether logged in or not.