WATERCON2014 (Springfield, IL March 17 through 20, 2014) is
offering current exhibitors an exceptional opportunity to educate attendees and
to share your organization’s unique expertise.
Illinois Section AWWA Education Committee and MAC have collaborated to
develop the "Stretch Your Education” program, not only to encourage exhibit
hall foot traffic but also to provide additional attendee CEU opportunities
this coming year.
Deadline for "Stretch Your Education” abstract submissions: Monday, January 20, 2014
To meet Illinois EPA training credit requirements, exhibitor
presentations must comply with the following criteria:
- Upon selection, presenters will be assigned to
one of two presentation slots on either Tuesday, March 18 starting at 1:00pm or
Wednesday, March 19 starting at 9:10am.
- Presentations will be 15 minutes each. Each
presentation will be offered four times in a row, over a one hour and ten
minute period, to four different groups of attendees. Presentations will be
held at your exhibit booth.
- Attendees will not exceed 6 per individual session.
- A monitor will be provided by the committee and
present to handle CEU certification.
- Attendees will progress through four 15 minute
presentations to earn 1 CEU credit.
- Per Illinois EPA training credit criteria, presentation
topics that are exclusively wastewater do not qualify for CEU credit. Presentations with topics that comprise both
water and wastewater can be accepted.
- PowerPoint and/or video presentations will not
be accepted. While either can be
employed as presentation support, the committee encourages hands on
- No "sales pitches” are permitted. All information is to be generic and cannot
be referenced to the explicit exhibitor product/service.
- All exhibitors interested in providing a
presentation must fill out form below with their abstract for consideration for
the committee’s review and CEU approval.
- While this presentation style may seem well
suited for those displaying equipment, all WATERCON2014 exhibitors are encouraged
to exercise their imagination to participate.
- After the presentation itinerary is firm,
"Stretch Your Education” will be promoted to attendees prior to WATERCON2014 and