Print Page   |   Sign In   |   Register
Education Committee Meeting
View Registrations Tell a Friend About This EventTell a Friend

Online committee meeting for Illinois Section AWWA Education

When: 8/14/2013
11:00 AM
Where: Conference call with screen sharing
Contact: Laurie Dougherty

Online registration is closed.
« Go to Upcoming Event List  

Next meeting -August 14th - 11:00 am - Via adobe connect.
Phone 605-562-3000 code 553113

To: Education Committee Meeting
From: Laurie Dougherty
Date: July 9, 2013

On the call

Jeff Freeman
Laurie Dougherty
Dave Lynde
Elizabeth Doellman
David Trais
Terry McGhee
Dennis Ross

Laurie - Talked about Marianne Perino and what she is doing for the Section and how it is going well.

Recap of Webinars
Webinar today with 70 people signed up - maybe an all time high.
Laurie discussed the archived webinars being charged the regular fee. No discounts for theparallelassociations.
The group okayed to charge for the archived webinars.
Marianne is doing well.
Ask the presenters if they are okay with thedialogbox being open and there are conversations.

Next steps -webinars
Ask the presenters if they are open to the questions and open chat with the presenter. Try on a couple of webinars.
- Use the raise hand function of the webinar and also how to text in their chat question.
- Take breaksintermittentlyor have the moderator ask the questions.
- The moderator made to mute and un-mute themselves.

Seminar in a box
- Kyla is making progress on the seminar in a box.

Operators Pre Conference
We have an initial list of topics. Geza had made progress on the folks at Princeton and Freeport.
Jeff is working on Montgomery and Kyla is working on the Elgin.
Water Rates - talk about both water rates and consumer education. Margaret from CMAP would be a great presenter on the water rates portion of the operator precon. Jeff will call Margaret.
May also want someone who has recently raised rates. Mt Prospect recently raised water rates 25% as well as Decatur.
West Chicago would be a great presenter for upgrading their plant. (Joe Munder would be the contact - Jeff Freeman)

Meter Symposium
Presenters are selected. Andrea is the wrap up presenter. We have received one of the power points.
John Van Arsdel to be the opener.
Volunteers - Registration - Terry McGhee, David Trais, Dennis Ross will all help.
Set up is the same as distribution set up.

Sandi to send Keith Alexander, Matt Overeem and Joe Munder contact to Jeff Freeman
Lisa to experiment with making the webinars more interactive.
Laurie to contact Aaron at Gilson - 30 minute or one hour.
Sandi to confirm that we have 2 rooms reserved at Elgin - check with Kyla first. - Regulatory Update.
Laurie to ask Terry Steczoto present at the Regulatory Update - (lobbyist)
Laurie to ask Miguiel Del Toro at USEPA.
Laurie to ask Jerry to report on the WUC and including the Fracking bill.
Laurie to ask Tommy Holmes for a status update on WIFIA
Lisa - add to webinars list for next year on financing utility improvements.
Laurie to send an email to IEPA
Laurie to develop a form that the exhibitors would need to submit. - one page learning objectives and moderator to insure that they attended. We would have them write down their numbers and we would enter them into the database of the renewal training credit. Have the number per group limited. Hall Pass Technical Program.

Next meeting -August 14th - 11:00 am - Via adobe connect.
Phone 605-562-3000 code 553113

Membership Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal